Assistant Apparel Buyer
Pulse is looking for a full time assistant apparel buyer to help us bring the best styles and fit to our amazing customers. Everyday we strive to bring better than just ‘ok’ garments to our customers. Our small team works closely together to identify trends, work on new ideas and bring unique new styles to our customers.
The buying assistant will work closely with our buying team and provide support in several different areas. This position has the potential to move into a full buyer position.
Salary: Starting $35k/Year or DOE
- Communicate with vendors in regards to new orders, re-orders, follow up on the status of orders, sample requests, fit changes, returns and more.
- Assist with Managing Restocks; daily review of sold out items, work with vendors to get more stock in and predict needed restock quantities
- Work with our buying team to identify trends, follow up on new leads and current customer demands
- Enter PO’s and sales order information into our inventory management system
- Work independently to come up with new collection ideas, sourcing in stock styles and special cut items to fit collection theme and budget
- Review past collection performance to see how we can improve future collections
- Review past sales history to identify customer favorites and sales trends
- Manage incoming inventory and following up on late arrivals with vendors
- Assist with requesting, reviewing and fitting samples to align w/Pulse’s Brand
- Travel on buying trips to regional markets, LA Fashion District and Vendor Headquarters to find in stock and incoming styles along with working on new sample items
- Identify overstock/slow sellers and provide ideas on how to move stale inventory profitably
- Assist with weekly and monthly reports to the buying team that outlines current incoming inventory, inventory needs for upcoming months and collections, slow sellers and best sellers
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising preferred or equivalent experience in Fashion Apparel and Merchandising
- Some experience with fashion preferred
- Extremely competent in Excel and Google Doc related programs
- Ability to travel multiple times a year
- A solid grasp of The Pulse Boutique and our core customer
- Goal oriented and able to take the initiative with a positive attitude
- A strong fashion sense and keen eye for the upcoming trends
- Ability to multitask in an organized fashion and keep up with shifting trends/priorities
- Work out of our Pella, Iowa until April 2022 where we will move to our new Newton, Iowa location
- Accrue Up To 2 Weeks of PTO Your First Year
- Major Holidays Are Paid Days Off
- Safe Harbour 3% Contribution to 401K
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Up to $4000 Yearly Health Stipend
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- 40% Discount on Clothing
The Pulse Boutique is a growing online ecommerce site dedicated to helping women look great on the go. The key to our success is a strong commitment to providing the best possible product to our customer. From the fit to the overall look, our team is dedicated to bringing the latest fashion to our busy customers.
At Pulse, we’re very goal oriented and determined to grow our brand to its full potential. We take snack breaks very seriously and love bouncing ideas off each other.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. The Pulse Boutique is an equal opportunity employer. *
Job Type: Full-time