Pulse is looking for a full time apparel buyer to help us bring the best styles and fit to our amazing customers. Everyday we strive to bring better than just ‘ok’ garments to our customers. Our small team works closely together to identify trends, work on new ideas and bring unique new styles to our customers.
Salary: Starting $45k/Year or DOE
- Work directly with vendors to place new orders, re-orders, follow up on the status of orders, sample requests, fit changes, returns and more.
- Manage Restocks; daily review of sold out items, work with vendors to get more stock in and predict needed restock quantities
- Source, build, manage, and maintain vendor relationships to ensure products are produced with the specified quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Work with our buying team to identify trends, follow up on new leads and current customer demands
- Work w/Creative Director and photoshoot coordinator to decide themes, release dates etc for upcoming collections
- Work independently to help come up with new collection ideas, planning inventory quantities, sourcing in stock styles and special cut items to fit collection theme and budget
- Review past collection performance to see how we can improve future collections
- Review past sales history to identify customer favorites and sales trends
- Manage incoming inventory and following up on late arrivals with vendors
- Request, Review and Fit Samples to Align w/Pulse’s Brand
- Utilize current and historical sales data to ensure the correct mix of products are available at the right quantities.
- Identify and fill product gaps, generate new product ideas
- Travel on buying trips to regional markets, LA Fashion District and Vendor Headquarters to find in stock and incoming styles along with working on new sample items
- Identify overstock/slow sellers and provide ideas on how to move stale inventory profitably
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the buying team that outlines current incoming inventory, inventory needs for upcoming months and collections, slow sellers and best sellers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Fashion Apparel and Merchandising
- 2+ years of apparel buying experience, preferably in e-commerce
- Extremely competent in Excel and Google Doc related programs
- Ability to travel 4-6x a year
- A solid grasp of The Pulse Boutique and our core customer
- Goal oriented and able to take the initiative with a positive attitude
- A strong fashion sense and keen eye for the upcoming trends
- Ability to multitask in an organized fashion and keep up with shifting trends/priorities
- Work out of our Pella, Iowa location until April 2022 where we will move to our new Newton, Iowa location
- Accrue Up To 2 Weeks of PTO Your First Year
- Major Holidays Are Paid Days Off
- Safe Harbour 3% Contribution to 401K
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Up to $4000 Yearly Health Stipend
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- 40% Discount on Clothing
The Pulse Boutique is a growing online ecommerce site dedicated to helping women look great on the go. The key to our success is a strong commitment to providing the best possible product to our customer. From the fit to the overall look, our team is dedicated to bringing the latest fashion to our busy customers.
At Pulse, we’re very goal oriented and determined to grow our brand to its full potential. We take snack breaks very seriously and love bouncing ideas off each other.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. The Pulse Boutique is an equal opportunity employer. *
Job Type: Full-time